IOSH Working Safely (1 Day)
Who should go on the Working Safely course?
Working Safely is for people at any level – in any sector – needing a grounding in the essentials of health and safety. Everyone at work should have an understanding of why they must ‘work safely’ – and this course offers exactly that.
Completion of this course provides each delegate with:
- Module 1 – Introducing working safely
- Module 2 – Defining hazard and risk
- Module 3 – Identifying common hazards
- Module 4 – Improving safety performances
- Module 5 – Protecting our environment
What will they get out of it?
- What they need to know – and are perhaps reluctant to learn about – in a refreshingly informal way.
- Working safely isn’t supposed to turn delegates into safety experts. It focuses on why health and safety is important and how individuals can make a real difference to the wellbeing of themselves and others through changing their behaviour.
What will the employer get out of it?
- Nationally recognised and respected certificated training for their teams
- Peace of mind offered by training that’s designed and quality controlled by the chartered body for health and safety
- Minimum disruption to working days and shifts, the one day programme includes the assessment, so there’s no need to free up further time for a test after the course
- The Working Safely course meets the government’s guidelines for introductory health and safety training and is a 100 per cent match to the Health and Safety Executive’s ‘passport’ syllabus
- Two key areas – health and safety and environmental basics – are covered in a single self-contained session
Learners must pass a multiple choice question paper and demonstrate competency in the practical assessments in order to achieve a pass. Our experienced and knowledgeable instructor will guide the learners through the course material and offer support and advice to ensure that learners are prepared for the assessments. The training is accessible and additional support is available to learners who require it.
This training course can be carried out on the customer’s premises. Requirements are a room with an electrical supply where a laptop and projector can be used. The site must also be suitable for confined space practical exercises.
Learners who successfully complete the assessments at the end of the course are awarded an IOSH certificate in
The training is carried out over one day (6 hours).
We can take up to 12 people on each course.