Safe Digging and Cable Avoidance
This course is designed for managers, supervisors and other individuals who are responsible for or carry out excavation work and require locating or checking for buried services prior to commencement of excavations.
From £45 per person
Completion of this course provides each delegate with:
- An understanding of the need for the cable location prior to excavation
- Knowledge of the use of the cable locator controls
- A practical understanding of locating services using the cable avoidance tool
- A practical understanding of locating metal covers
- An understanding of the cable avoidance tool function checks required
Learners must pass a multiple choice question paper and demonstrate competency in the practical assessments in order to achieve a pass. Our experienced and knowledgeable instructor will guide the learners through the course material and offer support and advice to ensure that learners are prepared for the assessments. The training is accessible and additional support is available to learners who require it.
This training course can be carried out on customer’s premises. Requirements are a room with an electrical supply where a laptop and projector can be used and a suitable area with buried live services for practical exercises.
The certificate is valid for 5 years, after which time the course must be done again.
The training is carried out over one half day (3 hours).
We can take up to 8 people on each course.