Confined space entry and escape breathing apparatus
This course is designed for operatives, supervisors and managers who may need to enter or supervise the
entry into confined spaces and carry out a variety of work activities including maintenance and cleansing
operations, building and refurbishment work, routine inspections, CCTV and flow monitoring and surveys.
This programme fulfils the training requirements as identified by the Confined Spaces Regulations.
- Basic understanding of Health and Safety Legislation relevant to work in confined spaces.
- The ability to identify and assess confined spaces
- An understanding of atmospheric, physical and biological hazards
- An understanding of natural and mechanical ventilation
- A knowledge of planning and implementing safe systems or work
- How to prepare Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Rescue Plans
- An appreciation of how to deal with accidents and emergencies
- How to use gas monitors prior to and during entry
- An understanding in methods of communication in confined spaces
- The ability to enter, self rescue, and work safely and efficiently in confined spaces
- Practical exercise using the various equipment including Escape Breathing Apparatus
Learners must pass a multiple choice question paper and demonstrate competency in the practical assessments in order to achieve a pass. Our experienced and knowledgeable instructor will guide the learners through the course material and offer support and advice to ensure that learners are prepared for the assessments. The training is accessible and additional support is available to learners who require it.
This training course can be carried out on the customer’s premises. Requirements are a room with an electrical supply where a laptop and projector can be used. The site must also be suitable for confined space practical exercises.
The certificate is valid for 3 years, after which time the course must be done again.
The training is carried out over one day (6 hours).
We can take up to 10 people on each course.