confined space entry including escape and working breathing apparatus
This course is designed for operatives, supervisors and managers who may need to enter or supervise the
entry into confined spaces and carry out a variety of work activities including maintenance and cleansing
operations, flow monitoring and surveys.
This programme fulfils the training requirements as identified by the Confined Spaces Regulations, 1997.
Attendance at this in depth course will provide each delegate with:
- Basic understanding of Health and Safety Legislation relevant to work in confined spaces.
- The ability to identify and assess confined spaces
- The ability to carry out confined space risk assessments
- The ability to carry out confined space method statements
- The ability to produce a rescue plan for confined space workings
- An understanding of atmospheric, physical and biological hazards
- A knowledge of planning and implementing safe systems or work
- An appreciation of how to deal with accidents and emergencies
- The ability to enter, self rescue, and work safely and efficiently in confined spaces
- The use of Working Breathing Apparatus in confined spaces
Learners must pass a multiple choice question paper and demonstrate competency in the practical assessments in order to achieve a pass. Our experienced and knowledgeable instructor will guide the learners through the course material and offer support and advice to ensure that learners are prepared for the assessments. The training is accessible and additional support is available to learners who require it.
This course can be carried out on customer’s premises. Requirements are a room with electrical supply where a Laptop and Projector can be used and suitable on site confined spaces for practical exercises.
The certificate is valid for 3 years, after which time the course must be done again.
The training is carried out over two days (6 hours per day).
We can take up to 10 people on each course.