safe use of gas monitors
This course is designed for managers, supervisors and operatives and other individuals who are responsible for atmosphere testing of confined spaces.
Completion of this course provides each delegate with:
- Basic understanding of how the body reacts when proportion of oxygen in blood drops below 20.8%
- An Understanding of the composition of air, both inspired and expired
- Reasons for using gas detection equipment
- Basic understanding of the requirements of the Confined Space Regulations with regard to atmospheric monitoring
- Choice of testing and suitability of equipment available
- An understanding of how to carry out atmospheric testing
- An understanding if intrinsically safe equipment
- An understanding of the common terms used in gas detection
Learners must pass a multiple choice question paper and demonstrate competency in the practical assessments in order to achieve a pass. Our experienced and knowledgeable instructor will guide the learners through the course material and offer support and advice to ensure that learners are prepared for the assessments. The training is accessible and additional support is available to learners who require it.
This course can be carried out on customer’s premises. Requirements are a room with electrical supply where a Laptop and Projector can be used.
The certificate is valid for 3 years, after which time the course must be done again.
The training is carried out over one day (6 hours).
We can take up to 10 people on each course.