working breathing apparatus - wearer's course
This course is designed for managers, supervisors and operatives who need to use Working Breathing Apparatus to
carry a variety work activities including maintenance and cleansing operations, building and refurbishment work,
plant isolation, routine inspections, search and rescue and surveys.
Completion of this course provides each delegate with:
- A basic understanding of Health and Safety legislation relevant to breathing apparatus
- The ability to identity types of breathing apparatus
- An understanding of safe methods of working
- Practical use of breathing apparatus
- How to deal with equipment malfunctions
- The ability to use breathing apparatus safely and efficiently
- Respiration and work rates
Learners must pass a multiple choice question paper and demonstrate competency in the practical assessments in order to achieve a pass. Our experienced and knowledgeable instructor will guide the learners through the course material and offer support and advice to ensure that learners are prepared for the assessments. The training is accessible and additional support is available to learners who require it.
This course can be carried out on customer’s premises. Requirements are a room with electrical supply where a Laptop and Projector can be used.
The certificate is valid for 3 years, after which time the course must be done again.
The training is carried out over one day (6 hours).
We can take up to 10 people on each course.