This course is designed to meet the requirements for employees to be trained as fire wardens - fulfilling duties under fire and health and safety legislation. The course covers many areas, including: fire safety regulations, use and maintenance of fire extinguishers and equipment, testing of alarm systems and evacuation planning.
Completion of this course provides each delegate with:
- The Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006 – for Scottish companies and The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 – for English companies.
- Requirements of Fire Regulations/Order
- Risk Assessment
- Identification and maintenance of means of escape
- Placing, use and maintenance of Fire Fighting Equipment
- Testing and maintenance of alarm systems
- Fire Precautions Log Book
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 – Employers and Employees duties
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- Implications for Fire Wardens
- Role of Fire Wardens
- Evacuation Procedures
- Practical session – Carry out inspection of workplace and write report. Use of fire extinguishers on live fire.
Learners must pass a multiple choice question paper in order to achieve the certificate. Our experienced and knowledgeable instructor will guide the learners through the course material and offer support and advice to ensure that learners are prepared for the assessment. The training is accessible and additional support is available to learners who require it.
This training course can be carried out on customer’s premises. Requirements are a room with electrical supply where a Laptop and Projector can be used.
For practical sessions, an area approx. 15 metres away from occupied premises (and/or where people pass) is required.
The certificate is valid for 5 years, after which time the course must be done again.
The training is carried out over one day (6 hours).
We can take up to 12 people on each course.